[ntp:questions] Re: Two clocks?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Nov 16 04:55:02 UTC 2004

Richard,

Connect them both to both machines. Why not? Pull the transmit data pin
from one machine; the other can poll the clock for both machines. I have
two PSTI/Traconex clocks here, both doing fine, but they have needed
frequent MX232 chip transfusions. I run them from the 12-V power/charger
bus here for the radios and other comms gear, since we get frequent
power glitches and they will stay synchronized for days on a 75-AH deep
discharge battery.

Dave

Dave