[ntp:questions] Stratum?

Jan jandersen at striva.com
Wed Nov 17 16:03:36 UTC 2004

I'm sorry to post this question, which I'm sure must be a FAQ - I haven't
been able to find any answer in what docs I have read, though. This is the
situation:

I have an AIX server that I use as the NTP server on our LAN, and a number
of clients running a number of UNIXes. All of this seems to works fine,
except for the two that run RedHat Linux - they insist that our NTP server
is not acceptable because it is 'stratum 16'.

So how can I set the stratum on the server? I'm sure there must be a
parameter...