[ntp:questions] Re: Windows NTP server

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Nov 23 14:09:55 UTC 2004

At 1:40 PM +0000 2004-11-23, newsread wrote:

>  I saw this link already in this ng, but I tryed 5 or 6 softwares
>  and it was clients.
>  I looked for server with ntp, not only sntp.

	Check out the top two Windows NT port links at
<http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Main/ExternalTimeRelatedLinks>.  One
references <http://norloff.org/ntp/> which is maintained by
<terje.mathisen at hda.hydro.com>, and the other references
<http://www.five-ten-sg.com/util/ntp4172.zip> which is maintained by
<info at five-ten-sg.com>.

	Both are full ports of the reference implementation of ntpd for
Microsoft Windows OSes, and I believe that they should interoperate
with external refclocks.  Keep in mind that there are some fairly
serious limitations of the OS in terms of the clock resolution that
it can provide, and although I think this is the best software
available for these platforms, it will be significantly worse in this
role than if you were to use a different OS.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755