[ntp:questions] Re: Can you test my server please.

Simon Lyall simon at darkmere.gen.nz
Tue Nov 23 23:06:41 UTC 2004

Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88 at comcast.net> wrote:
>And you should also take note that NTP and SNTP use the same packet
>format!  They are different only in how often the client polls the
>server and what the client does with the replies.  As far as I know
>there is no way for the server to easily distinguish an SNTP client from
>an NTP client.

Thats what I thought, which is why the error is surprising. If people have
other (sntp if possible) clients they can try I'd really appreciate it so
see if I can trace the cause.

--
Simon J. Lyall | Very Busy | Web: http://www.darkmere.gen.nz/
"Inside me Im Screaming, Nobody pays any attention."  |  eMT.

Welcome to the world of strategic analysis, where we build weapons
    that don't work to counter threats that don't exist.