[ntp:questions] Re: Can NTP affect the time even when not running? (with pla

Parker Jones zoubidoo at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 24 15:30:14 UTC 2004

I tried the reboot as suggested, but to no avail.

>From: mike <michael.no.spam.cook at wanadoo.fr>
>
>Digging a bit more I see that the freq and tick kernel variables can
>be set using adjtimex.  If your system is keeping the same bad behaviour
>after a boot it is probably because of the existance of a bad /etc/adjtime
>file ( mine seems to survive boot)

Like you, I observed that /etc/adjtime was dating prior to the reboot, so I
removed it and after 10 minutes I can still observe a drift of several
minutes.   Will follow the strategy for synchronising over the following
days - (french no problem).

A bit disappointed by ntp causing this mess.

Thanks,

PJ