[ntp:questions] Re: Ref clocks and polling intervals

m.marien mmATRiverCityCanadaDOTcom
Wed Nov 24 22:59:14 UTC 2004

"David L. Mills" <mills at udel.edu> wrote in message
news:co31cd$st3$1 at dewey.udel.edu...
> Chris,
>
> The reference clock poll interval is not intended to increase unless you
> tell it to. That might be a bug; I'll look into it. However, just about
> all the machines around here loaf at 1024 s without swinging more than a
> couple of milliseconds. If yours are much greater than that, including the
> reference clock, something else might be going on. Set the maxpoll for the
> reference clock to 6 and leave the others alone. You should see the same
> behavior as I.

I have the same condition as Chris. I added a GPS receiver and the polling
now happens every 64 seconds - for the GPS clock plus all the servers. So
this is normal ? and it's OK to poll other servers every 64 seconds ?