[ntp:questions] Motorola M12+T interfacing

mattopia mattopia at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 06:17:29 UTC 2004

Hello all,

Planning to interface an M12+T as a reference clock to establish a
stratum 1 ntp server.  I have sourced the board and antenna from
Synergy GPS.  I've found a fair amount of information on the software
end of things, but have not found much on the hardware aspect.

Synergy also sells a ~$70 interface board to convert the M12 board's
output to rs232.  I'm wondering what those who have designed an M12
solution have used -- the Synergy (or exit.com or similar) interface
board, or have pieced together a component level solution to convert
to rs232 voltages.  Motorola's guide suggested a Maxim product which
is readily available on ebay for $12 in a quantity of 6.

I'm assuming most have gone with the Motorola eval kit or something
similar, but being a hobbyist, every dollar saved is a bonus.

Matt Whitted