[ntp:questions] WinXP ntpd as service with dial-up connection

kermit cku192 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 06:10:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

after getting ADSL connection I tried to finally install ntpd as service on
my system. We currently use it in PPPoE mode i.e. connection is established
manually. Unfortunately, ntpd seems to never attempt to contact severs after
initial attempt has failed. It is clear with server names (as initital DNS
resolution fails) but it also does not work with IP addresses.

Currently using 510 group version. Anybody has an idea?

Thank you

=arvi=