[ntp:questions] Re: Can you test my server please.

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Nov 30 09:49:29 UTC 2004

At 9:41 AM -0800 2004-11-29, Danny Mayer wrote:

>  Why do people want to reinvent something that's already in NTP 4?
>  Just use the authentication scheme to authenticate the clients to
>  the server just like servers are authenticated to the clients today.

	I'm not aware of any client authentication code anywhere in NTP.
Moreover, how do you propose to authenticate millions of clients
around the world to a small set of pool.ntp.org servers, many of
which are behind personal DSL lines?

	Moreover, if you are aware of client authentication code in NTP,
would you please take a look at the last two bullets under 4.3.16 at
<https://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Support/SelectingOffsiteNTPServers#Section_4.3.1.6.>
and supply appropriate corrections?

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755