[ntp:questions] Re: Windows Logon Events Cause -9ms Offset

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid
Fri Oct 1 20:42:18 UTC 2004

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 06:44:12 GMT in comp.protocols.time.ntp, Jerry
Baker <jerry at novalid.invalid> wrote:

>Thank you all for looking into this. I'll continue to investigate. I
>have set up MRTG so anyone interested can watch what happens. It is
>already apparent that something isn't right. I'm looking into a way to
>pop Windows login and logout events automatically onto these graphs.

Diomidis Spinellis OutWit console command line utility package
http://www.dmst.aueb.gr/dds/sw/outwit
has a utility 'readlog' which "provides text-based access to the
Windows event log" works with pipes, and can operate over the network,
so you don't need to be on the server to log the events.

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply