[ntp:questions] Re: Cross-Compile for ARM - NTP 4.1.1 OK, NTP 4.2.0a Errors

Alex Madarasz alexmadaraszfree at earthlink.net
Tue Oct 5 00:16:42 UTC 2004

On Monday, October 4, 2004, 7:03:33 PM, Harlan Stenn wrote:

> I'm back from vacation now.  How can I help figure this out?  Are you
> using the latest tarballs?  If not, what versions of the auto* tools
> are you using?

Thanks for the follow-up ... and I owe the group a follow-up of my own.

I _did_ finally manage to get NTP stable 4.2.0a to build for the ARM platform,
with the help of the detailed hints from FJPSE, reading some Net docs on the
auto* tools and Canadian cross-compiling with them, and some NTP spelunking on
my own.  In the end I managed to get the process to work repeatedly without
requiring any mid-stream hand-editing of any files.

As soon as I get the ARM build fully tested and get out from underneath the
heavy load I'm carrying now, I'll post the details of what I did for all.

--
Alex