[ntp:questions] Re: Windows - Seven Days Later

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk
Fri Oct 15 08:45:13 UTC 2004

Danny Mayer wrote:
[]
> Right now I've been working on extracting the NT Service code
> from ntpd.c and putting it into it's own file. The code is pretty
> tangled there and it's hard to tell what it's doing. I also put
> together
> a new installer to replace the instsrv stuff. This one makes Windows
> NTPD services much more secure. It's not ready yet, though Terje has
> seen it. I'm also making code changes to allow builds using VS.NET.
>
> Danny

Danny,

Your VS .NET builds would be welcome.  I would have contributed in the
past (keeping the CMOS clock in sync across restarts), but getting 5 pages
of error messages when trying to build working code was not encouraging!

I hope the security won't be "over the top", as I've seen many problems
when things are made /too/ secure.

Many thanks for your continued efforts.

Cheers,
David