[ntp:questions] Re: Problem with good synchronization.

Folkert van Heusden folkert at vanheusden.com
Fri Oct 15 20:13:52 UTC 2004

> Those computers do not have to serve the *real* time. They just should
> be synchronized, nothing else. I'm not much into ntp and computer clock,
> but I suppose that computer clocks may work faster or slower but still
> the time is linear. So, shouldn't those Linux clients adjust to time
> flow in Windows server?

Then connect the server to a GPS receiver: not too good in setting the
correct time, as well as a constant time without drift.

Folkert van Heusden

|UNIX admin? Then give MultiTail (http://vanheusden.com/multitail/)|
|a try, it brings monitoring logfiles to a different level! See    |
|http://vanheusden.com/multitail/features.html for a feature list. |