[ntp:questions] Windows - Seven Days Later [Warning: long post]

Harlan Stenn stenn at maccarony.ntp.org
Fri Oct 15 21:48:52 UTC 2004

In article <9hWbd.9289$xb.2895 at text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>,
David J Taylor <david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk> wrote:
>Harlan Stenn wrote:
>> You can easily add this information under:
>>
>> http://ntp.isc.org/Support/KnownOsIssues
>
>Easily?

Most folks think so.

>What do you do?

Here's the easy version:

- Visit that link
- Click on the Edit button
- if you haven't registered, do so.  You can use a fake name if you like,
  and a disposable email address if you like (I use spamgourmet.com)
- type away.
- click "Preview"
- Want to do more?
- YES - click "back", you are ate "type away"
- NO  - click "save, you are done

>Where's the Help button?

There is a "TWiki System" link on the LH toolbar.  It will take you to lots
of documentation.

At the bottom of each edit window there is a TextFormattingRules link that
has most all of the help I ever need.  It may be worth reading the GoodStyle
link every once in a while.
There is one at the bottom of the text edit page.  I think it is called

>I tried pressing Edit (I was expecting somthing like an Add or a New
>button) and it starts asking for some sort of registration code.

Yes, we ask for registration as a low-barrier way to ID who did what.

>I gave up at that point.

You we so very close...