[ntp:questions] Re: Why ntpd is losing out to openntp at OpenBSD (was: Windows - Seven Days Later)

Goran Larsson hoh at invalid.invalid
Sat Oct 16 13:59:33 UTC 2004

In article <mailman.27.1097873718.72027.questions at lists.ntp.isc.org>,
Brad Knowles  <brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:

> 	If you want to seriously consider OpenNTPd, then I would
> encourage you to look at
> <http://bradknowles.typepad.com/considered_harmful/2004/09/openntpd.html>
> and make sure that you have answered in your own mind how you're
> going to deal with all these problems.

What happens if one of those broken OpenNTPd servers manages to be
listed in e.g. pool.ntp.org? Will it be filtered out as a false ticker
or will it be able to give me false time? How can I make sure my NTP
daemon never attempts to use an OpenNTPd "NTP server"?

--
Göran Larsson     http://www.mitt-eget.com/