[ntp:questions] Re: Problem with good synchronization.

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Oct 17 10:40:16 UTC 2004

Harlan,

By default, the local clock driver will not become active unless all
other sources fail. Catch two bulls at the same stratum and run
symmetric mode between them. The cows follow either bull or both. Now,
if either bull loses its cowboy, it follows the other. That was my
intent and I just verified it works. If both cowboys fail, the bulls
will agree to disagree.

Dave