[ntp:questions] Re: Freeware for NTP time synchronization under Windows?

Kerodo nomail at localhost.com
Mon Oct 18 03:33:45 UTC 2004

In article <MPG.1bdd1f09677bd3c89896e0 at news.individual.net>,
spammers.fuck at spam.com.INVALID says...
> Quoting Chaos Master [spammers.fuck at spam.com.INVALID], that posted to
> alt.comp.freeware on Mon, 18 Oct 2004 00:09:14 -0200 under article
> <MPG.1bdd1a06cc169f4b9896df at news.individual.net>:
> > Hello people.
> >
> > I am looking for a freeware Windows program to synchronize PC' clock over the
> > Internet, using the NTP (Network Time Protocol) protocol
> >
> > Q: Do you know of any good program for time synchronization using the NTP
> > protocol? I'd like to synchronize time, say, once I day.
>
> I found Automachron, http://oneguycoding.com.
>
> After adding an NTP server that is located in Brazil to the list, it seems to
> be working perfectly.

Yep, Automachron is very good also.  The only trouble I had with
Automachron is that when it failed to get the time it wouldn't retry
until it got it.  It would just wait until the next sync time.
Dimension 4 will retry every xx seconds until it succeeds.  Otherwise
Automacron is very good..

--
Kerodo