[ntp:questions] Re: NTP stepping issue

Robert Rati Robert.Rati at motorola.com
Tue Oct 19 15:31:41 UTC 2004

Let me test for understanding here, as I've gotten a number of replies
to my question.  While it is possible to configure the NTP client daemon
to step regardless of the time difference (as I have done), it is not
recommended to do so.  In my testing, I saw the client daemon slew to
the correct time but then it continued slewing past the correct time.
Is this a bug?  Once it slews to the correct time provided by the
servers, the client should remain synchronized, right?

Is there another way to solve the problem I laid out? (Once daemon is
running, always step no matter what the time difference and eventually
stay synchronized with the time servers)

Rob