[ntp:questions] Re: Freeware for NTP time synchronization under Windows?

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at SystematicSW.Invalid
Mon Oct 25 01:35:00 UTC 2004

On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 10:41:09 GMT in comp.protocols.time.ntp,
tom.horsley at att.net (Thomas A. Horsley) wrote:

>Well, I'll chime in with my NTPTime client:
>
>   http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/ntptime.html

I've found NTPtime better than all the other SNTP/TIME clients
mentioned in this thread because it:
- uses SNTP for better accuracy than the TIME protocol;
- retries by walking down a list of servers, instead of hanging on a
single server which is down, or giving up and not syncing at all;
- cycles thru a settable number of dated logs and deletes the old
ones, automating log management;
- can be configured to run once on dialup, or at intervals over cable;
- configuration control panel is a separate program;
- systray utility is a separate optional program, but gives you
control over itself, the SNTP client program, access to the
configuration control panel, and viewing the log files.
You might say I like it!

--
Thanks. Take care, Brian Inglis 	Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Brian.Inglis at CSi.com 	(Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address		use address above to reply