[ntp:questions] An archive request

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Oct 25 11:42:12 UTC 2004

At 11:50 AM +0100 2004-10-25, Flexer Derek-DFLEXER1 wrote:

>  Sorry to trouble you and I have searched your FAQ & site for this, ...
>
>  Do you have archive data you can access?

	I'm not sure you understand the nature of this mailing list.  The
only real purpose for this list is to act as a gateway to the USENET
newsgroup comp.protocols.time.ntp, for those people who do have
access to e-mail but may not have easy access to a newsreader, or who
prefer an e-mail interface instead of a news interface.

	While I am sending you a copy of this reply by e-mail, it is
entirely possible that others may respond only on the newsgroup, and
if you're not subscribed to the list at the time that reply is
posted, you may not see the response.

>  For historic reasons I would like, please, a copy of the NTP S/W licence
>  that pertains to V3.3 of NTP.

	Looking at the web interface to the BitKeeper repository for NTP
at <http://ntp.bkbits.net/>, it looks like it only goes back to
version 4.0.94, which was about six years ago (see
<http://ntp.bkbits.net:8080/ntp-stable/tags?nav=index.html>).

	I'm not sure where older historical data may be kept.  Perhaps
there will be other people here who have been here longer than I
have, and who may know where the older data is available.  If so, I
hope that you see their reply.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755