[ntp:questions] Re: Synchronization with mobile devices and different time zones

Jan Ceuleers janspam.ceuleers at computer.org
Tue Oct 26 18:09:36 UTC 2004

On 25 Oct 2004 21:43:29 -0700, mayer at gis.net (Danny Mayer) wrote:

>If your address changes you need to restart ntp. dropping and setting
>up new associations won't do it. The local sockets have to be closed
>and reopened as they're bound to the old address(es).

Danny,

On my machine, when the public address changes, this is not an issue
for ntpd as I also run a masquerading firewall on the machine. That
is: it performs network address translation, thus shielding ntpd from
that aspect of the address change. I still need to drop and re-add the
associations, but at least don't have to restart ntpd.

Cheers, Jan