[ntp:questions] Re: Freeware for NTP time synchronization underWindows?

Martin Dorey mdorey at bluearc.com
Wed Oct 27 05:32:22 UTC 2004

> Our lowest stratum ntp servers do several lookups for pool.ntp.org at
> startup.  I sometimes find that they can only use one of the resulting
IP
> addresses because the other is permanently stratum 16.

What's going to happen when all computers ship configured to talk to
pool.ntp.org?  Won't this then comprise the majority of all ntp users?
If the lookup doesn't return a working server and ntp doesn't repeat the
lookup until it does, that's not going to work.  If there's some
agreement on this, then can we talk about what the criteria should be to
redo the lookup?  Just to get the ball rolling - 8 failed polls?
--
Martin, BlueArc Engineering