[ntp:questions] What is a good, cheap, Linux-supported hardwareclock for a NTP-server? Any recommendations?

fm at nowhere.invalid fm at nowhere.invalid
Wed Oct 27 10:57:16 UTC 2004

Jonathan Buzzard <jonathan at uk.me.buzzard> wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 15:45:10 +0200, Helmut Wollmersdorfer wrote:

>> Terje Mathisen wrote:

>>> Except that this is a 162 instead of 77,5 KHz transmitter, with 2 MW
>>> instead of 50 kW transmission power.
>>
>>> Do you know about any cheap clock receiver for the french signal?
>>
>> I do not know such a cheap receiver/demodulator for TDF as they exist
>> for DCF/MSF (from EUR 10,- upwards). TDF uses an other modulation method
>> than DCF/MSF.
>>

> Does anyone know of any receiver for the TDF time signal?

Yes, but the ones I know are  high  end  receivers
used by  time  metrology  labs  to  compare  their
reference  frequency  to  the  162   kHz   carrier
frequency. The latter has (up to now) metrological
qualities at the level of 10-12, that  is  (up  to
now) certified by the BNM-Syrte (reference NMI for
time and frequency in France).

I dont know of any cheap commercial receivers  but
Bodet is the most reliable reference in the field,
ie :

http://www.bodet.fr/urlref/01a8cata/urlext/asp/produit/prod/439/rub/6/produit.htm

The future of the overall system  (ref.  frequency
and time code)  is  currently  under  negociations
between the different actors.

-- francois meyer