[ntp:questions] What is a good, cheap, Linux-supported hardwareclock for a NTP-server? Any recommendations?

Helmut Wollmersdorfer helmut at wollmersdorfer.at
Wed Oct 27 11:50:03 UTC 2004

Jonathan Buzzard wrote:
> [...]

[...]
>>I do not know such a cheap receiver/demodulator for TDF as they exist
>>for DCF/MSF (from EUR 10,- upwards). TDF uses an other modulation method
>>than DCF/MSF.

> Does anyone know of any receiver for the TDF time signal?

I only know neoclock, which costs AFAIK EUR ~200 upwards. Or you build
antenna/demodulator yourself.

Maybe Russian senders would be an alternative for Scandinavian
countries. See the list at http://www.heret.de/funkuhr/liste.htm.
Unfortunately this list seems to be outdated in same parts, as e.g.
Podebrady/Prague in CZ has stopped operations since some years.
Unfortunately, because Podebrady is very near (~222 km) to Vienna - my
location.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer