[ntp:questions] What is a good, cheap, Linux-supported hardwareclock for a NTP-server? Any recommendations?

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at uk.me.buzzard
Wed Oct 27 20:00:03 UTC 2004

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:57:16 +0000, fm wrote:

[SNIP]

> I dont know of any cheap commercial receivers  but
> Bodet is the most reliable reference in the field,
> ie :
>
> http://www.bodet.fr/urlref/01a8cata/urlext/asp/produit/prod/439/rub/6/produit.htm
>
> The future of the overall system  (ref.  frequency
> and time code)  is  currently  under  negociations
> between the different actors.

I don't suppose you know of a supplier for this IC to the general public?

It would be quite easy to role my own receiver if I had one of these.
Even though the IC is surface mount, with a bit of patience a TSOP package
is easy enough to hand solder, and a PCB for this would be quite simple.
The power requirements for the IC are such that a receiver powered from
the serial port are entirely achievable as well. The 25ms offset in the
time code is trivial to correct with NTP, and it would be simple enough to
modify radioclkd to decode the signal.

JAB.

Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195