[ntp:questions] What is a good, cheap, Linux-supported hardwareclock for a NTP-server? Any recommendations?

fm at nowhere.invalid fm at nowhere.invalid
Fri Oct 29 08:06:57 UTC 2004

Jonathan Buzzard <jonathan at uk.me.buzzard> wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:57:16 +0000, fm wrote:

> [SNIP]

>> I dont know of any cheap commercial receivers  but
>> Bodet is the most reliable reference in the field,
>> ie :
>>
>> http://www.bodet.fr/urlref/01a8cata/urlext/asp/produit/prod/439/rub/6/produit.htm
>>
>> The future of the overall system  (ref.  frequency
>> and time code)  is  currently  under  negociations
>> between the different actors.
>>

> I don't suppose you know of a supplier for this IC to the general public?

You can still check the last 2 contacts given in this page:

http://www.bodet.fr/urlref/10_socie/urlext/asp/Re_rech/rub/10/Re_rech.htm

I think you already found them, but anyway, the specs (in english)
are here :

http://www.bodet.com/DS_IR017E V1_1.pdf

I'll try to get further info and keep you informed.

-- francois meyer