[ntp:questions] Re: NTP looses connection

Harlan Stenn stenn at maccarony.ntp.org
Fri Oct 29 09:08:37 UTC 2004

The problem is the changing IP address.

I have heard that if you start ntpd before your DHCP connection comes
up then it will only bind to the wildcard address and then it will work
for you.

The problem is that we are trying to avoid binding the wildcard address
now, as we cannot use the wildcard address and authentication.

Until we (Danny, at the moment) can fix this problem the only other solution
that comes to mind is when you detect that your IP has changed you will
need to stop and restart ntpd.