[ntp:questions] Re: NTP looses connection

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Oct 29 09:21:27 UTC 2004

At 8:57 AM +0200 2004-10-29, Frank Dohrmann wrote:

>  No, I get a dynamic IP from my provider. I´m using a DSL-connection with
>  dial on demand, so I´m virtually always online, but my IP may change once
>  a day.

	If you're directly connected to your DSL modem, then the IP
address of your NTP server changes every time you re-connect.  Each
time that happens, you need to quit and restart ntpd.

	If you use a DSL router, then every time you reconnect and the
router gets a new IP address, you need to delete all your ntpd
associations and then re-make them, or you can just stop and restart
ntpd.

	These are known issues.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755