[ntp:questions] Re: Reference clocks - which?

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan at uk.me.buzzard
Sat Oct 30 08:22:34 UTC 2004

On Sat, 30 Oct 2004 02:05:09 +0300, Tapio Sokura wrote:

[SNIP]

> Anyway, a GPS synchronized time server can be built for considerably
> under 100 USD, not counting the PC itself. You just need to tinker a bit
> with the additional circuits and provide some kind of housing for them
> and the GPS board. The timing performance of Oncore VPs is excellent,
> generally the performance of the whole system is more limited by the PC
> than the GPS receiver.

Which is still considerably more expensive and more complicated than my
LW based receiver. The original poster would appear from his name and
and email address to be based in Poland. As a result his best and cheapest
option is indeed my radioclock design using the DCF77 signal.

JAB.

Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44 1661-832195