[ntp:questions] Re: Windows Logon Events Cause -9ms Offset

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Thu Sep 30 03:04:44 UTC 2004

mayer at gis.net (Danny Mayer) wrote in message > My observations on Windows have been that their always seems to be some
> sort of lack of response at unexpected times but I can't imagine why
> a logon would interfere with the accuracy of the clock. If anyone has
> any information on this please let us know.
>
> Danny

I forgot to mention that when I had BIND 9 running using polling
(select()) I found that if you started running something like Windows
Media Player, named wuold go to 100% CPU. Once I rewrote it and
stopped using select() the problem went away. If something's
using a select() it may cause problems elsewhere. I could never
tell what was really causing the problem.

Danny