[ntp:questions] Re: How does kazaa works?

m.marien mmATRiverCityCanadaDOTcom
Thu Sep 30 18:41:06 UTC 2004

"Nick" <orimendelson at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:cd00d4aa.0409300658.2c6ee5a8 at posting.google.com...
> Hi all,
> I know that this is not the most suitable forum group but i guess you
> could help me as well.
> I want to know how kazaa picks its results to my search. Is it only by
> the file name and properties, because sometimes i get results that
> just dont match my search in any way.
> I'll be glad if someone could explain it to me.
>
> Thanks,
> Nick.

Kazaa works by exposing the intimate details of your hard drive with the
rest of the world. Bundled with the software are some utilities that track
your thoughts and fill your screen with undesirable and sometimes offensive
popup ads. The software further insults your intelligence by chastising you
when you try to remove the software.

Other than that, it's free.

Ummm, in answer to your other question. I think the searches use heuristics
to decipher your input and what you get it actually what you really wanted.
Don't try and second guess the results.

Does this answer your question ?