[ntp:questions] Re: NTP, Mac OS X & Cisco 837

viz viz at REMOVEBLOCK.pacific.net.au
Fri Apr 15 11:21:19 UTC 2005

On 15/4/05 12:37 AM, in article
mailman.13.1113490119.573.questions at lists.ntp.isc.org, "Brad Knowles"
<brad at stop.mail-abuse.org> wrote:

> At 11:02 PM +1000 2005-04-14, viz wrote:
>
>>  How would you get OSX to start ntpd?
>
> I start it manually.  I created my own shell alias which provides
> all the appropriate command-line options that I want.
>
>>                                        Reason I ask is that if I go near the
>>  GUI panel either it munges the file or totally deletes it - the latter when
>>  I deselected the radio box for auto-updating time and deleted all time
>>  servers in the server list box.
>
> Yup.  ;(

A quick question:

Once ntp has settled down and is sorting out the time, does it stay with the
same servers or continuously changes according to which is better at the
time? I have done some reading, but my eyes start to glaze over in parts...
;)

/viz