[ntp:questions] Re: Initial Setting

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Apr 25 22:32:14 UTC 2005

At 12:20 AM +0200 2005-04-26, mgrd wrote:

>  To make it clear what I mean:
>  - xntpd is configured to use out-server1, out-server2, out-server3 in
>    /etc/ntp.conf
>  - I parse /etc/ntp.conf and give the three out-servers `netdate' as it's
>    servers

	In theory, this might work -- if the servers in question actually
supported that protocol, which is highly unlikely.

	If you're going to use an "ntpdate" type of program, why not use
the real "ntpdate"?  Better yet, why not use "ntpd -g" and entirely
get rid of dependance on any date setting program other than ntpd?

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755