[ntp:questions] Re: Stratum1 ntp problems

prep at prep.synonet.com prep at prep.synonet.com
Sun Aug 7 08:42:21 UTC 2005

"Eugen COCA" <ecoca at eed.usv.ro> writes:

> Supposing I have a Stratum 1 time server and the time delivered by
> the GPS receiver is wrong (without searching the cause for the
> moment). The result may be like this:

What GPS are you using? It seems to be totally misfeatured if it is
2 seconds out. I had an Ashtech, and it would not emit on the PPS
output until it had synced its time to the constelation, and got
the GPS-UTC offset from the ephemeris data.

--
Paul Repacholi                               1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (08) 9257-1001                           Kalamunda.