[ntp:questions] Re: Bad File Descriptor

Daniel Rudy nospam at nospam.net
Mon Aug 8 09:18:52 UTC 2005

At about the time of 8/7/2005 1:38 PM, mike stated the following:

> Doing some googling finds that this is not a new problem.
> albus  cialug at cialug.org
> Mon, 14 Mar 2005 16:57:05 -0600
>   found that he had 2 instances of ntpd running at the time the messages
> occured. When he fixed that, the problem was corrected. Have you checked
> that?

No, I didn't even consider checking that.  After doing so, I found 3
instances of ntpd running.  I terminated all three and restarted ntpd
and now it seems to be working properly.  Now that I think about it, I
have a pretty good idea as to what happened.  Thank you for your assistance.

--
Daniel Rudy

Email address has been encoded to reduce spam.
Remove all numbers, then remove invalid, email, no, and spam to reply.