[ntp:questions] Re: OT: zone source file syntax

Ben Fitzgerald bmf1DELETE at ukonline.co.uk
Tue Aug 9 11:06:02 UTC 2005

On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 11:57:56 +0200, mike
<michael.no.spam.cook at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>    Unix expects to have its clock running UTC (aka GMT) so the rules are
> ok. The library calls do the add/subtract/do-nothing as required.

hi mike,

I am sure the rules are ok. I just don't understand them! The first says
add an hour, then the second says add 0? But the clocks go back in
winter. Can you please explain this rule:

>> Rule    EU   1996  max     -       Oct     lastSun  1:00u  0    -

Apologies for labouring this but I want to comprehend it.

thanks,

ben.

--
Registered Linux user number 339435