[ntp:questions] Re: no more leap seconds?

Casper H.S.Dik Casper.Dik at Sun.COM
Thu Aug 11 09:51:24 UTC 2005

"David Schwartz" <davids at webmaster.com> writes:

>    What I advocated in 1998 when people were talking about the Y2K problem
>was a new time standard for computers that wouldn't break in 2038 and could
>properly handle leap seconds. However, on most current operating systems,
>it's impossible even today to build code that will work in 2070.

Solaris 64 bit applications should withstand that test of time.
(The current OS does not because it comes with many 32 bit
applications, but applications build now in 64 bit mode have no
32 bit time issues)

Casper
--
Expressed in this posting are my opinions.  They are in no way related
be fiction rather than truth.