[ntp:questions] Re: NTPD on Windows NT4

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Fri Aug 12 15:29:27 UTC 2005

Anders wrote:
[]
> Hi,
> Trying ntpq -p ntp2.gbg.netnod.se results in a time-out which is odd
> because when I run Automachron on the same computer it syncronizes
> nicely to that particular server. All server addresses listed in my

Anders,

I can tracert to the server, but running "ntpq -p ntp2.gbg.netnod.se"
gives me a "timed out, nothing received" response.  Perhaps the server
isn't open for public NTP access, or doesn't allow the use of the ntpq -p
command?

I would suggest first trying servers which do respond correctly, such as:
fartein.ifi.uio.no

There is a list at:
  http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/Servers/StratumTwoTimeServers

Cheers,