[ntp:questions] Re: Spectracom 8170 question..

Hal Murray hmurray at suespammers.org
Fri Aug 12 18:09:21 UTC 2005

>Schematics are at http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/database/8170/. You
>can find the DIPswitch, eyeball the component ID and go find it on the
>board. Send it T to wake it up. The * means it's not synchronized. I
>hope you got the antenna/preamp; it doesn't work without it. Also be
>aware the heavier UPSes produce so much RFI that we have had to stand
>down both of our 8170s.

How far apart are (were) the UPSs and the 8170s?

Do the 8170s still work if you locate them somewhere nice or does the
crap from the UPSs get back out on the power line and polute the
whole area?  (In which case the problem could be from UPSs in
other buildings/organizations...)

Do home size UPSs have the same problem?  Perhaps killing the
"atomic" clocks in the rest of the house?  (The ones that set
themselves from WWVB.)