[ntp:questions] Re: Spectracom 8170 question..

Philip Leonard WVØT leolists at seidkr.com
Fri Aug 12 18:46:57 UTC 2005

David L. Mills wrote:
> Philip,
>
> Schematics are at http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/database/8170/. You
> can find the DIPswitch, eyeball the component ID and go find it on the
> board. Send it T to wake it up. The * means it's not synchronized. I
> hope you got the antenna/preamp; it doesn't work without it. Also be
> aware the heavier UPSes produce so much RFI that we have had to stand
> down both of our 8170s.

Excellent!  The 'T' command caused it to start sending ASCII strings
like this:

    224 18:39:33  TZ=00
    224 18:40:37  TZ=00
    224 18:41:43  TZ=00

It is set to 1200 8n2 though so I still need to adjust the switches.
I'm not physically at the unit at the moment but I'll open it up when I
get to where it is located.

Thanks, Philip