[ntp:questions] Re: NTPD on Windows NT4

Martin Burnicki martin.burnicki at meinberg.de
Sat Aug 13 15:02:07 UTC 2005

David,

David J Taylor wrote:
> On my own NT4 SP6 system NTP version 4.2.0 works correctly.  This came
> from the file ntp-4.2.0-nt.zip from Terje Mathisen at:
>   http://norloff.org/ntp/dev/
>
> I see Terje has removed that file, but does have version 4.2.0 in
> ntp-4.2.0-2003-12-01-nt.zip.  Perhaps that will help Anders.

Please note 4.2.0 is the current stable release, but all of the developer
versions of NTP are also labelled 4.2.0something, where "something" refers
to a patch level, or date.

Terje's ntp-4.2.0-2003-12-01-nt.zip seems to have been built from the
developer source as of December 2003, while the GUI download version the OP
has been using is ntp-4.2.0a at 1.1354 which is from April 2005.

The bug which have been observed under Windows NT has been introduced in the
developer code after Terje's binaries had been build. They should be fixed
in the nest release version which is expected in the near future.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki

Meinberg Funkuhren