[ntp:questions] Re: PPS source not always being chosen?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Tue Aug 16 01:57:13 UTC 2005

Hans Jørgen,

Say "tinker mindist 0.5". Then find out why the HP driver has such huge
jitter. The Spectracom and Arbiter GPS drivers usually see jitter in the
low tens of microseconds. Remember to disable the UART FIFO involved,
which is highly system dependent. With Solaris and the PPSAPI, this is
automatic. This might be the case in other systems as well when you
light up the atom driver.

Dave