[ntp:questions] Re: NTPD on Windows NT4

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Aug 18 07:10:44 UTC 2005

Danny Mayer wrote:
> David J Taylor wrote:
>>
>> I'm sorry that this doesn't add any more to what you already knew
>> about the bug #450, but the report is there for completeness.  Your
>> 1397 version works just fine, for me (with a single network card).
>>

> The only thing that worries me here is that there may be an underlying
> bug which is being exposed only on NT 4.0.
>
>> Yes, I know I can add the servers by hand, but as you have other
>> entries for the pool servers I though it might be nice to add the UK
>> ones as well. Plus other countries in Europe should you have any
>> free time left!  (Free time, what's that?)
>>
> It's what you get from the pool.
>
> Danny

Danny,

If this correspondance is suppose to be echoed to usenet
comp.protocols.ntp, then something is wrong as it is not echoed.

No, the pool list in this case is what is being supplied by Heiko's
installer program.  Knowing that we have a good number of pool servers in
the UK, I was suggesting that UK, Germany, and the Netherlands be added as
entries to his list as they have 30 or more active servers.  In the same
way United States could be added in addition to North America.  This
should help make the selected servers nearer to the users, and perhaps
nearer in network as well as physical terms.

Cheers,
David