[ntp:questions] Re: NTPD on Windows NT4

David J Taylor david-taylor at blueyonder.co.not-this-bit.nor-this-part.uk.invalid
Fri Aug 19 05:59:41 UTC 2005

Danny Mayer wrote:
[]
> I've never run Heiko's install so I don't know what you get.

Neither had I until the other day.

You get a drop-down list of regions where pool servers are available, so
you can select the region nearest to yourself.  The initial ntpd.conf is
built from that selection.  I was suggesting that, as the Europe region
had  three countries with quite a large number of servers, those
individual countries be added to the drop-down list, so that people could
go for even nearer servers.

Having the ntpd.conf built for you and having the pool servers available
is great, so thanks to the pool server operators, the pool operators and
Heiko for making this possible.

Cheers,
David