[ntp:questions] Re: Fwd: [time] Man the pumps!

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Fri Aug 19 23:44:36 UTC 2005

Brad,

Somebody is ripping somebody off. Apparently I now have three evil twins
who stole my name. One is a psychiatrist, another a professor of music
at U Connecticut and now a guy who writes atheist books. Some three
years ago the alleged authors noted by Amazon worked a deal with
O'Reilly, but that deal was eventually terminated. The book being
incubated here is highly technical, definitely not an O'Reilly book. The
publisher is CRC Press, but they don't have the manuscript yet. I
strongly suspect that Amazon book is either a fraud or misrepresentation.

The book is mostly done and now in the cleanup and proof stages. See the
preliminary preface and contents via
www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/book.html. I would cherish volunteers willing
to review one or more chapters, especially those with rich electrical
engineering and computer science content.

I have the Rybaczyk book, but have yet reviewed it., It seems targeted
for the O'Reilly set.

Dave