[ntp:questions] Re: Multicast TTL and FreeBSD trouble

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Sun Aug 21 15:02:28 UTC 2005

Guys,

Wash your mouth with soap. The scheme does not conform to the anycast
model; it does conform to the manycast model, where the intent is to
capture a plurality of servers, not just a single one. I have not
changed the ttl code in a decade. If it behaves differently in Linux and
FreeBSD, somebody else has changed the code or the operating system has
a mind of its own.

Dave