[ntp:questions] Re: Multicast TTL and FreeBSD trouble

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Sun Aug 21 19:21:50 UTC 2005

David L. Mills wrote:
> Danny,
>
> Don't expect much. This code was born years ago before IPv6 and never
> tested. I've only used manycast on the local wire, as our routersa don't
> do multicasting.
>
> Dave

Dave, that would REALLY surprise me that your routers are THAT old.
Almost all routers now support IGMP V3 these days and that's what's
required for modern multicasting. In addition, I would expect most IPv6
packets not to get routed if the routers were really that old since the
routers wouldn't know what to do with the packets.

Danny