[ntp:questions] Re: sendto(1.2.3.4): Invalid argument

You have no need to know anjahnoaoed at fl.net.invalid
Mon Aug 22 22:01:51 UTC 2005

Abandoning the right to remain silent, Brad Knowles at Fri, 12 Aug 2005
20:48:43 +0000 said:

> At 10:09 PM +0200 2005-08-12, Edrusb wrote:
>
>>  The problem I met concerns ntpd when a changes in the network interface
>>  set occurs.
>
> 	When the network interface changes, you need to restart ntpd.
> This is a known limitation in the current code and something that
> we're hoping to get fixed soon, but this is the way it currently is.

You don't have to restart. You can use some scripting and  ntpdc to remove
and readd any servers which have become unreachable. This has been
explained here several times in the past.

--
Avoid reality at all costs.
$email =~ s/n(.)a(.)n(.)a(.)e(.+)invalid/$1$2$3$4$5au/;