[ntp:questions] Ntp V4 Spec

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Wed Aug 24 10:15:30 UTC 2005

At 6:07 PM +0800 2005-08-24, Eric Liu wrote:

>  Ntp V4 has not been formalized in an RFC.

	A formal draft is being developed.

>                                             But the corresponding
>  software distribution has been public for a long time.

	Correct.

>  I am understanding the local clock model referring to Ntp V3 spec. My
>  question is: compared with Ntp V3, is there any update to the local
>  clock model? Or someone can send me a copy of Ntp V4 spec?

	All public information regarding the NTPv4 specification will be
available through the IETF NTP Working Group web site at
<http://ntp.isc.org/bin/view/IETF/WebHome>.  Beyond that, I am not
personally able to provide any assistance, but there are others on
this newsgroup/mailing list whom I hope will be able to do so.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755