[ntp:questions] Re: no more leap seconds?

David L. Mills mills at udel.edu
Wed Aug 24 15:04:46 UTC 2005

Tim,

It appears that the one-second pad in broadcast programs is gone;
however, CBS starts programs after a 12-second pad for promos. PBS is
smack on the second, in spite of previous compression. NPR is the same
way, even though they tell me they use NTP for synchronization. I don't
know how they do that via satellite and compensate for the delay and
delay variance.

Dave